In the practice of Mindful Yoga we intentionally bring mindful awareness to the body as we move, stretch and breathe.
Participants who have taken an MBSR course will recognize this approach of mindfully attending to the body both in stillness and in movement. Participants new to this way of practicing yoga will discover a way of connecting to the body in a kinder and more conscious manner. All participants will cultivate their ability to attune and attend to wisdom of the body and mobilise their innate potential for growth and healing. Through the poses and stretches as well as using breathing and mindfulness meditation practices, participants will learn to cultivate a deeper, kinder, more resilient and conscious connection with their body and mind.
There will be a strong focus on working compassionately with tension, stress, pain and physical or psychological limitations. Mindful yoga helps us to become more embodied and at home in our body. It combines Hatha (classical) yoga, elements of stretch therapy and mindful movement and is trauma sensitive. Megan is also a trained and recognised trauma sensitive yoga teacher and therapist with extensive experience in trauma therapy and somatic movement.
Please note that registration and payment are for the entire term. We are not able to accept casual enrolments.
- ClassTuesday October 20, 20206:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- ClassTuesday October 27, 20206:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- ClassTuesday November 3, 20206:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- ClassTuesday November 10, 20206:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- ClassTuesday November 17, 20206:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- ClassTuesday November 24, 20206:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- ClassTuesday December 1, 20206:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- ClassTuesday December 8, 20206:00 pm - 7:30 pm