Simply Mindful is delighted to offer a new inner south location for the MBSR starting February 10th 2020. The program is available for Pilates Canberra and Hale Spa clients* and the general community.
Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) is a comprehensive 8 week program focused on working with the stress in your life wherever you find it.
MBSR is recognised as the world’s gold standard mindfulness training. Research on the benefits of the 8 week MBSR program for health, mental health, work performance and quality of relationships is now prolific.
Experience in the practice of mindfulness meditation sits at the core of this program. You will learn about the practice of mindfulness meditation, stress physiology, ways of integrating mindfulness into your daily life and working with difficult thoughts, emotions and behaviours. MBSR is the well researched program developed in 1979 by Dr Jon Kabat-Zinn at the Stress Reduction Clinic at the University of Massachusetts Medical Centre.
To benefit fully from the program it is important to make a commitment to attend all classes, including the Sunday half day retreat, and to undertake a daily meditation practice for the eight weeks.
Teacher: Your teacher will be Megan Layton, Director of Simply Mindful. After you register she will be in contact with you to arrange a brief individual pre-course meeting.
* Pilates Canberra and Hale clients will have first priority, however we welcome non members as well.
Please note: There will be no class on Monday 9th March (Canberra Day Public Holiday)
- Regular ClassMonday February 24, 20205:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- Regular ClassMonday March 2, 20205:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- Regular ClassMonday March 16, 20205:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- Regular ClassMonday March 23, 20205:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- Sunday retreatSunday March 29, 20209:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Regular ClassMonday March 30, 20205:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- Regular ClassMonday April 6, 20205:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Venue Website: http://halehealth.com.au/spa/