- Due to lockdown this course will be held online. All participants will be sent a link in early October. If we are able to resume face to face classes when lockdown ends we will continue to offer the option of joining online for the duration. Hygiene and social distancing precautions will be taken to ensure the health and wellbeing of participants in line with current ACT health advice for COVID-19 when we do meet face to face. Any face to face classes will be at our Dickson venue, The Gathering Place, 4 Bancroft St Dickson.
We recommend you register soon to avoid disappointment. If you have questions, specific needs or concerns please don’t hesitate to contact us: email@example.com or 0490354900. We will endeavour to be inclusive.
Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) is widely recognised as the world’s gold standard mindfulness training. It is a comprehensive in depth 8 week mindfulness program focused on working with the challenges and stress in your life wherever you find it.We have been teaching MBSR in the Canberra region for over 15 years.
Experience in the practice of mindfulness meditation sits at the core of this program. You will learn about the practice of mindfulness meditation, ways of integrating mindfulness into your daily life and working with difficult thoughts, emotions and behaviours and stress physiology. The course enables participants to experience the benefits of mindfulness meditation with a strong dash of science delivered in a grounded, guided structure.
MBSR is the well researched program developed in 1979 by Dr Jon Kabat-Zinn at the University of Massachusetts Medical Centre. It has been featured twice on Catalyst, the ABC Science Program – The Mindfulness Experiment in 2019 and Meditation: Can it really change you? in 2016 and also in the 2020 film ‘My Year of Living Mindfully ‘. Research on the impact of mindfulness on health, mental health, performance, relationships and wellbeing is now prolific and growing exponentially. Much of this research has been based on or inspired by the 8 week MBSR program.
To benefit fully from the program it is important to make a commitment to attend all classes, including the all day retreat, and to undertake a daily meditation practice for the eight weeks.
Teacher: Your teacher in term 4 will be Megan Layton. Megan is the Director of Simply Mindful and an experienced Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) teacher, Yoga and Meditation teacher and Mental Health Social Worker working with individuals and groups to help them thrive. She has been teaching MBSR to the general public, organisations, workplaces and individuals with Simply Mindful for 10 years and is a long-time practitioner and teacher of yoga and meditation.
After you register Megan will be in contact with you to arrange a short individual pre-course meeting. You will also receive course details in your registration email.
If you can, we would appreciate it if you could pay the standard fee. If you are experiencing financial hardship we are happy to offer a reduced price – please select this option below. If this is still unaffordable, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what you can afford.
The reduced fee for financial hardship is for those seriously affected by bushfires or COVID-19, health care card holders, full time students and pensioners.
- Regular ClassWednesday October 13, 202110:00 am - 12:30 pm
- Regular ClassWednesday October 20, 202110:00 am - 12:30 pm
- Regular ClassWednesday October 27, 202110:00 am - 12:30 pm
- Regular ClassWednesday November 3, 202110:00 am - 12:30 pm
- Regular ClassWednesday November 10, 202110:00 am - 12:30 pm
- Regular ClassWednesday November 17, 202110:00 am - 12:30 pm
- All Day Silent RetreatSunday November 21, 20219:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Regular ClassWednesday November 24, 202110:00 am - 12:30 pm
- Regular ClassWednesday December 1, 202110:00 am - 12:30 pm