The greatest gift you can give your child is yourself!
Simply Mindful is delighted to offer a 6 week face to face Mindfulness for Stressed Parents program on 6 Wednesday evenings starting October 13th 2021.
Bring more of your creative genius to your parenting.
Mindfulness for Stressed Parents will help you address stress and reactivity, build internal resources, gain insight into those stuck places and get unstuck.
“I have noticed a big difference in my life. I am more present in my day, more aware and more able to tune into my family. The self-doubt has gone away.”
Mindfulness can change your life, improve your relationships and empower you as a parent.
Over 6 weeks you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn a range of mindfulness practices specifically to help you as a parent
- Be more fully present, open and aware as a parent so that you have more capacity during rocky times and can seize opportunities to connect, and grow
- Take time to pause and reflect on important patterns and reactivity, gain insight into them and make changes
- Reduce stress and learn to work skilfully and compassionately with strong emotions
- Reflect on and practice ways to build more harmony and peace within yourself and at home
- Reconnect with yourself and your loved ones with intention
‘The greatest gift you can give your child is your self.
This means that part of your work as a parent is to keep growing in self-knowledge and in awareness.
We have to be grounded in the present moment to share
what is deepest and best in ourselves.’
(Myla and Jon Kabat-Zinn)
In response to fantastic feedback from our 4 week pilot in 2020 we’ve expanded Mindfulness for Parents to 6 weeks.
More feedback from our 2020 participants:
‘I learnt ways to calm myself and look at situations differently. This was really powerful for me.’
‘I really enjoyed the format and content. I understand better who I am as a parent and who I want to be’
Who is this for?
You are welcome, whether the children in your life are young or old, whether you are in a blended family, nuclear family or extended family. Whether you are a single parent or partnered, a grandparent or relative or friend, whether your family situation is stable, fluid or changing. If you’ve got children in your life, come!
Some stress is normal and healthy but for many parents, stress is a constant companion which can lead to ill health and impact negatively on quality of relationships and other parts of life. If you’d like to bring more of the best of yourself to your relationships with children, this is for you.
Suitable for beginning and experienced meditators.
No prior experience of Mindfulness is necessary.Numbers are limited, so please register early.
Facilitators: Your teachers will be Jennifer Sexton and Simply Mindful Director, Megan Layton. Jennifer has a passion for bringing mindfulness into schools and family life and has personally experienced the way mindfulness practice has helped her as a parent. Megan has worked with adults, children and teenagers, parents and communities for the last 24 years in a range of challenging settings. She is convinced that mindfulness has the potential to bring out the best in us as parents, even when we’re under a lot of pressure. She has navigated her way through the rocky shoals of separation, divorce and adolescence and although far from perfect, she’s certain mindfulness helped her to dig deep and be her best self in fraught situations.
Before the program starts you will receive a reminder email and a brief phone call from Jennifer.
A note on course fees: We’ve kept fees as low as possible to make this program accessible. If you can we would appreciate it if you could pay the standard fee. Reduced fees are for those experiencing financial hardship including pensioners, health-care card holders and full-time students.
COVID-19 Hygiene Precautions:In line with ACT government requirements, please use the ‘Check in CBR’ QR code each time you attend a session. This enables us to have more people attending sessions. Hygiene and social distancing precautions will be taken to ensure the health and wellbeing of participants in line with current ACT health advice for COVID-19. Participants will be notified of these closer to the start date.
- Wednesday classWednesday October 13, 20216:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- Wednesday classWednesday October 20, 20216:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- Wednesday classWednesday October 27, 20216:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- Wednesday classWednesday November 3, 20216:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- Wednesday classWednesday November 10, 20216:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- Wednesday classWednesday November 17, 20216:30 pm - 8:30 pm