‘We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves’ (the Dalai Lama)
Cultivate a warm connected presence with yourself. Feel deeply at home in your own skin.
This six week program will focus on cultivating mindfulness and self-compassion together.
The science around self-compassion is very compelling. Self-compassion is a powerful tool for healing our relationship with our selves, parts of us that are fractured or wounded. It helps us to feel more at home in our own skin, safer, more supported more connected. The inner resource of self-compassion is particularly helpful when facing difficulties and the pressures and strains of life. The more connected and present we are, the more energy we have for fully engaging in our lives. It leads to calm, reduces inner tension and conflict and helps us feel both cared about the caring. This naturally flows into our relationships with others and the rest of our lives.
Sometimes people fear that practicing self-compassion will make them more self-absorbed, arrogant or selfish. Actually, the opposite is true. It frees us up to be more present, creative and responsive in our relationships with others and the world. It means that we use up less internal resources protecting, defending, ruminating and judging ourselves or others. There is no need to believe anything in particular and it can be compatible with and integrated into any belief system or spiritual life you may have.
Some experience with mindfulness practice is a good foundation for this course. If you have not had any prior experience of mindfulness, you are still welcome to register. Megan will contact you prior to the start date to have a talk with you about the program, your needs and experience. This is to help with planning and to ensure that the program is beneficial and appropriate for all participants. If after talking you decide you don’t wish to do the program you will be given a full refund.
A note about fees
If you can, we would appreciate it if you pay the standard fee. If you are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID -19 or the bushfires we are happy to offer a reduced price. Please select the financial hardship option below. If either of these options are not manageable, please email us at email@example.com.
- Due to lockdown this course will now be held online. All participants will be sent a link in early October. If we are able to resume face to face classes when lockdown ends we will continue to offer the option of joining online for the duration. Hygiene and social distancing precautions will be taken to ensure the health and wellbeing of participants in line with current ACT health advice for COVID-19 when we do meet face to face. Any face to face classes will be at our Dickson venue, The Gathering Place, 4 Bancroft St Dickson.
- ClassMonday October 11, 20216:15 pm - 8:15 pm
- ClassMonday October 18, 20216:15 pm - 8:15 pm
- ClassMonday October 25, 20216:15 pm - 8:15 pm
- ClassMonday November 1, 20216:15 pm - 8:15 pm
- ClassMonday November 8, 20216:15 pm - 8:15 pm
- ClassMonday November 15, 20216:15 pm - 8:15 pm