Simply Mindful is thrilled to offer this course for the first time in Canberra starting in February 2019.
The PNT course includes six classes, a handbook to take home and read and suggested home practices (we call these ‘taking home the good’). We highly recommend you read Rick Hanson’s book “Hardwiring Happiness” as part of the course.
The course focuses on the practical application of positive neuroplasticity. It will be workshop style learning, similar to MBSR, including lots of practice. There will be information provided each session, the opportunity to try out practices, reflect on learning and apply this in your life now. Learn:
- how positive neuroplasticity works
- how to deliberately internalise beneficial experiences
- how to build internal resources
- how to link positive and negative experiences so you can draw on strengths and meet times of difficulty and vulnerability wisely and effectively
- how to grow lasting strengths and reduce the impact of difficult experiences and thereby reduce reactivity
- how to help yourself turn towards wholesome experiences
Please note: It is a pre-requisite to have undertaken training and practice in mindfulness. This is to ensure participants have the necessary foundation of understanding and skills to benefit fully from PNT and be able to apply it. MBSR is the recommended pre-requisite program, however other reputable in-depth mindfulness programs may be considered.
This is the full and authentic 18 hour PNT program as taught by Dr Rick Hanson rickhanson.net
Your Teacher Megan Layton, is endorsed and trained by Dr Rick Hanson PhD (author of Hardwiring Happiness, Buddha’s Brain, Resilience).