payment, refund and cancellation policies
early bird payments – all programs
Early bird payments must be paid in full by the due date. If early bird payments are late, the early bird discount no longer applies. Payments can be made via our website, by direct deposit, cheque or by credit card over the phone. Please note that there is a fee for credit card payments (set by the credit card merchant).
Early bird payments for all other programs must also be paid in full by the due date .
The refund policy applies for early bird payments, standard payments and reduced fee payments.
standard payments – mbsr
Full payment of the fee is due prior to the course start date, unless a payment plan has been agreed to with your course teacher.
discounts – mbsr
We have a commitment to making the MBSR program accessible to as many people as possible, even when people can’t afford the full fee (for example health care card holders ). To this end, we offer payment plans and discounted places.
At your pre-course meeting, speak with the teacher who is in charge of the course you want to attend about what you can afford. We are proud of the fact that we have never turned anyone away from doing the program just because they couldn’t afford the full fees.
The withdrawal and refund policy also applies to reduced fees.
If we agree to a payment plan, you will be asked to sign a payment agreement. If you decide to withdraw from the course, the withdrawal and refund policy outlined below applies regardless of where you are up to in the payment schedule.
cancellations, withdrawals and our refund policy – all courses except retreats
We recognise that sometimes unexpected changes in circumstances mean that people are unable to proceed with a program as they had planned. Should you need to withdraw from the program you must advise us at least 1 week prior to the first class so that your fee (minus $50) can be refunded and your place offered to someone on the waiting list. The $50 withdrawal fee partially covers our administration expenses and is non-refundable. If you withdraw between 1 week prior to the start date and commencement of a program, you will be eligible for a 75% refund.
A 50% refund (less the $50) will be made if you withdraw after the first class and before the second class. You can transfer this as a credit to a subsequent course if you prefer. Transfers to subsequent courses will be carried over for a maximum of 2 terms (6 months).
No refund will be given if you withdraw after the 2nd class.
If a course is cancelled by us you will receive a full refund.
weekend retreat withdrawal, cancellation and refund policy
- Spaces are limited so please register as soon as possible to secure your place.
- Should you need to withdraw from a weekend retreat you must advise us at least 10 days prior to the start date so that your fee (minus $50) can be refunded and your place offered to someone on the waiting list. The $50 withdrawal fee partially covers our administration expenses and is non-refundable.
- If you withdraw between 10 days and 3 days prior to the start date and commencement of the retreat you will be eligible for a 75% refund (minus $50).
A 50% refund (minus $50) will be made if you withdraw between 3 days prior to the start and the start of the retreat.
- After the retreat has started (5pm on the start date) no refunds will be given.
- No transfers are available on weekend retreats.
If the retreat is postponed or cancelled by us you will be the given the option of transferring to the new date or receiving a full refund.
- Simply Mindful reserves the right to cancel programs and retreats if there are insufficient numbers or other circumstances occur which necessitate cancellation (ie lockdown or other unacceptable risks). This occurs very rarely.
unlocking wellbeing in lock down and parents in lockdown sessions
These sessions are non-refundable, as they are run at low cost to ensure they are accessible. If you are unable to attend you can transfer your registration to a friend by forwarding them your registration confirmation email.